maanantai 12. syyskuuta 2011

songs for bittersweet days

Kirjoittaja: Fran.

Helloes there all the ladies, men, doggies and cats. And the other citizens our planet must have. My name is Fran.

... actually I think I've written here before, too. A couple months ago, was it? When Achu could'n make it since he was too busy living the 'American Dream'. Well anyways, I can't describe by words how anxious I am from this honor - I haven't been blogging since high school, and since my contemporary best-friend said I really should keep on that road and turn into a music-critic and earn my bread that way. But I had to say no, since I was young and foolish. And I still am. Somehow I felt that if I ever started to write critic about something I truly worship, enjoy and love, the magic in it could someday disappear, and I might thanks to that turn into a belabouring old fart, whose love to music is just a fading memory from the past.

By the way, just because I no longer am best friends with that dude, our relationship didn't turn into a shithole because I didn't obey his recommendation. We just had some quarrel about one girl and as the school ended, I had the girl in my arms and my friend ran away to the California. Never met him after that. Such a shame, 'cause the girl by far showed her true colours and they quite didn't match with mine. In a metaphoric level.

But I guess I've blabbered too much of that already. I'm not here to talk about my high-school lovers and friends, no, I'm here to talk about music.

by the way, I love cats.
So, music it is. I believe everyone in the world has some sort of opinion and taste in music, no matter which country you live in, what sort of religious background you have, how old you are, or what kind of economical situation you have. 

When it comes to me, I love music. Been loving ever since I was a little boy - or not loving, but it somehow always has been a great part of my life. Maybe I could compare it to what some people think of o-zone layer - You only miss it when you don't have it. 

Hmmm. I had some guidelines written on a piece of paper, but I somehow managed to lose that little piece of... art during my way home (damn Gorillaz, too groovy songs make me wanna dance). So..... I think I'll skip this stupid talking right now and just give space to the real thing that this blog was about to have as a leading theme: The Music.

At first, some autumny feelings. I really like this season.

...... Screw youTube. It doesn't allow me to put here the songs I'd like to give the samples of. So this has to be made in another style. In the mode of a playlist. I think these songs are all on Yotube, so feel free to live with them for a while:

'Listen while loving depression'

1. Radiohead - No Surprises
2. Nancy Sinatra - Bang Bang (My Baby Shut Me Down)
3. Keane - Untitled 1
4. Depeche Mode - Enjoy the Silence
5. Imogen Heap - Hide and Seek
6. Gabriella Cilmi - Safer
7. Nirvana - Heart-Shaped Box
8. Ben E. King - Stand By Me
9. Martin Gore - Snowing
10. R.E.M. - Snowing

So, start with these few songs, that have made some sort of impression for me, thanks to the vocals, vocalists, players and the 'feeling', the band or the artist has been able to create. 

Note to self - tune yourself on the right channel to listen these songs by purchasing the softest blanket in your closest market, add in some Irish coffee and if possible, a rainy day. And erase all the unnecessary items, such as laptop, big lamps and brightly-lighted rooms. All you need is a space where you feel like you're at home.

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti